Dayhome Provider Help Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dayhome Provider Help Forum

Dayhome providers providing information and helping other dayhome providers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pippa

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi, does anybody have children of mixed ages? I currenlty have children aged 3 and 6 and find it hard to find a story that is appropriate to everyone. How does everyone else manage this? Today the 2 three year olds sat around but the 2 older boys were not interested because the story was too young. The younger kids seem to love a story but their attention span is understandably very short!!
Back to top Go down
Playhouse

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 pm

That's a great question!
What I normally do when I am reading to the littler ones, is let the older ones choose what they would like to do. Either sit and listen, or play a quiet activity away from us, so as to not be a distraction. Most of the time they choose to listen, children love repetition, and sharing what they know.
When I am reading to the older children I hand some age appropriate books to the younger ones and let them flip through them on their own. A 3 yr old, you can then ask to tell you the story of what they saw in the book. Under the age of 3, just feel lucky if they didn't try to eat the book!

I hope this helps,
Billie
Back to top Go down
http://www.billiesplayhouse.weebly.com
Pippa

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Sorry for the repy I have been away on vacation.

Thanks for sharing this with me- that sounds like a great way to please everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dayhome Provider Help Forum :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: